Apple Wireless Keyboard Problem

Reaction score
I switched from a PC to a 27" iMac 6 mths ago and a Apple bluetooth wireless keyboard comes with it. It has been working fine so far until just recently. My Mac will keep flashing the alert on screen a keyboard "Connection Lost" alert, and shortly after, within seconds, a "Connected" alert. This will keep repeating randomly, sometime continuously, and seemingly at random.

I have tried everything, including switching the keyboard on and off, changing the batteries, disconnecting and connecting from the bluetooth menu, restarting the Mac, re-discovering the keyboard device, nothing works. And the strange thing is that the keyboard still works as normal even if my Mac says "Connection Lost". I also checked if anything is interfering with the connection and remove all nearby equipment one by one and still this flashing alert keep appearing. It's driving me crazy.

Anyone got any ideas how to solve it? Or is my wireless keyboard faulty? Or is there a way to just disable the alert?

Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It may be a bad or intermittent wireless keyboard. I also have a new iMac but I can't stand the wireless keyboard and instead use a wired version that I already had on hand.

Anyway, before you go back to Apple under your warranty try this:

Shut down your iMac. Remove the AC plug from the power outlet for 10 minutes. Plug it back in and reboot. That process resets the System Management Controller on the iMac. That may or may not resolve the problem.

If it does not, call Apple and have them replace the keyboard under the warranty.

OP
B
Reaction score
Hey it works! Unplugging the power has solved the problem. Thanks a million!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.