trouble downloading and installing to Macbook

Reaction score
I have been having trouble downloading and installing programs to my Macbook. Today, I tried to download Skype for Mac. It will download the file, but when you click the link to start the install the program will stop responding or do nothing at all. What is the issue? I have been having this issues with other downloads as well.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your internet connection is a good one and you're sure the downloads are not corrupt, create another admin user as a test to see if you can install that way. If you can install successfully with the new admin user account, it's possible your old account has become corrupt. Let us know.

OP
C
Reaction score
If your internet connection is a good one and you're sure the downloads are not corrupt, create another admin user as a test to see if you can install that way. If you can install successfully with the new admin user account, it's possible your old account has become corrupt. Let us know.

How do I make a new admin user account? Thank you for your help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How do I make a new admin user account? Thank you for your help!

Open System Preferences. Click on "Users & Groups" (Lion). Now click on the small lock at the bottom of the dialog. Enter your Admin password to open the lock. Click on the small plus sign. A new dialog will appear that's self explanatory. Fill it in and make sure you write down the password (if you assign one) for the new account. Now exit.

Log off your current account and log on to the new one. Try a download.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.