Crucial M4 for a 13" MacBook

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

The Crucial M4 comes into two versions and have different heights.

SSD1 - 7 mm
SSD2 - 9.5 mm

2.5-inch SSD dimensions
(L x W x H)

100.5 x 69.85 x 9.50 mm

What physical dimensions are necessary for a HDD upgrade in a 13" MacBook?

Cheers,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
i would go with 7mm, as long as 2.5" height is good for laptop.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi ycl1688, appears that the 9.5mm drive will fit just fine from this thread discussion

"DanBroadhead wrote:
I'm planning to replace the hard drive in a MacBook Pro 13" mid-2010 - its the latest model just purchased.

I've searched the discussions on replacing the hard drive, and I've seen conflicting information on whether the 13.3" Macbook Pro will accept the 12.5mm height drives, or only the 9.5mm height drives.

And Apple support is no help - they don't know.

Can someone confirm exactly, whether the 12.5 mm drives will fit or not?

Having done this switch personally, 12.5mm drives fit perfectly. There are 1TB drives that are available for around $100.

Just don't pull old drive out and put a new one in. Clone your current drive to the new in an external enclosure (they're cheap) using something like Carbon Copy Cloner. Then start up from the cloned new drive to make sure there are no issues. Then switch out the drive.

If you don't clone, then you'll be spending hours installing and updating your software and OSX. You'll have to find every single password. You'll have to fix your user preferences. I can't be bothered with that hassle!"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.