New Harddrive & Memory ( B&W G3 )

R

robin_d

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Mac world and need some advise.

(1) I bought a new Seagate 200 GB ATA 100 HDD. The price was just to good to passup. Question---is there a Mac program such as Partition Magic that can be used to recover the lost hdd space? I knew before hand that 127gb was the max.

(2) I have put in 2 sticks of pc133, 256mb memory each, all that is recognised is 256 mb. The G3 came with 1 pc100 128 mb.

Thanks, any information is greatly appreciated. :dummy:

OP
B

Badger

For the 128 gb issue try this: http://www.speedtools.com/ATA6.shtml. An alternative is to install a PCI slot ATA controller. This will give full use of the HD and a faster bus speed as well. You can get the details at www.lowendmac.com. The memory sounds like it is out of specifications or is not compatible. You don't mention which system version you're using but you can get a hardware profile from Apple System Profiler (OS 8/9) or from About this Mac under the Apple menu. That will tell you which sticks are working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.