Desperately need help

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If I'm understanding this correctly, you have not only reformatted your hard disk and zeroed it out, but also replaced the hard disk entirely, but there are recurring logs of a user named "some-guy" accessing the machine - but only when the Wi-Fi is connected...

Is that right?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Take their advice. Re-install your OS, remove any other accounts, and be careful what you download in future.

Make sure all your sharing options are set to "off" in System Preferences.

Here's a quick tip for Mac security:

-If you are asked for a password, and you don't know why, don't input it. Only install programs you trust.

OP
G
Reaction score
If I'm understanding this correctly, you have not only reformatted your hard disk and zeroed it out, but also replaced the hard disk entirely, but there are recurring logs of a user named "some-guy" accessing the machine - but only when the Wi-Fi is connected...

Is that right?

Yes that is correct

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It has a password on it yes WPA SE UROTY

Good, you're using WPA. Has the password been the same for a long time?

When you reinstalled, did you restore your data from a backup like Time Machine? It could be that although you did a clean install, you reintroduced whatever infection was present once you restored your data.

OP
G
Reaction score
Good, you're using WPA. Has the password been the same for a long time?

When you reinstalled, did you restore your data from a backup like Time Machine? It could be that although you did a clean install, you reintroduced whatever infection was present once you restored your data.

I did not connect anything to do with my old hd with the new. I didnt use time machine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.