FM Transmitter Question

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Are you sure you really want one of these things? I ask this question because in general, they suck - particularly if you live in a fairly populous area.

A better option (if your car is less than 10 years old) is to go with an iPod integration system. Many companies make these and there are units designed specifically for your car. They charge the iPod, and allow you to control it from your factory stereo. In many cases, they'll even display track/album/artist info on the stereo's screen.

They're a little on the pricier side (usually around $100). But in my opinion, it's worth it just to be able to tuck my iPod/iPhone safely out of view and still listen to it. Installation is the big issue, but if you've ever installed a car stereo, it shouldn't be too much trouble. And of course, there are many shops who can do it for you.

What kind of car do you drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
CWA is right. The integrated stereos are much better. If you can do it, it is a much better way to do it. If you really want to do the FM transmitter, Griffin Technology makes the RoadTrip transmitter and charger.

Reaction score
I received an iPod Nano for christmas, and bought myself a DLO TransPod FM Transmitter. My iPod in the car worked fine for 2 or 3 days, and now all of a sudden my iPod doesn't work on the ANY FM Transmitter in ANY car, let alone on my TransPod. Anyone heard of this? Maybe a setting i accidently changed in my iPod? Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.