you tube video clips

Reaction score
when I get an email with a youtube video clip, it may take 10-15 minutes to load the clip in 2-3 second spurts.
I had to download a program to see anything on youtube with the mac, but I'm wondering if i need another download to watch a video in real time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Nope, that sounds like a bandwidth or latency issue actually.

OP
H
Reaction score
email with youtube

Thanks for the responses.
I do click on the youtube attachment - sometimes it plays normally - somtimes it loads in short spurts.
Frustrating, and only started yesterday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Thanks for the responses.
I do click on the youtube attachment - sometimes it plays normally - somtimes it loads in short spurts.
Frustrating, and only started yesterday.

What type of internet connection do you have? Also, is there any pattern to it (as in, do they play fine until 'prime time')?

OP
H
Reaction score
email with utube video

thanks for all the responses. The problem has disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Videos run normally - gremlins have left the building!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Sounds as though it might just have been a slow bandwidth problem. It sometimes happens to me at peak time e.g. after the school kids have got home and had their teas.

C

chas_m

OR perhaps you've just come to the end of your six-month free trial of higher-speed internet and they've put you back on "slow-pitch". :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.