Internet connection from Ios5 to OS X Lion

Reaction score
Hi,

This is so confusing I don´t even know how to explain it.

I want to connect my MacBook Pro OS X Lion to my iPhone iOS 5 and use it´s internet which I have successfully been doing for a few months now. Today, something changed and I have no idea what because I didn´t touch anything!

On my iPhone 4s I have a personal hotspot and my phone shows that I have one connection.

On my MacBook Pro I cannot see that personal hotspot (let alone a connection) in the Finder top bar. The greyed out symbol is there and when I click on it it searches for a wifi network and finds nothing. Before my iPhone was on the list and when I clicked on it a symbol of a couple of chain-links appeared to show I was connected.

Also, before, I could create a WIFI hotspot with my iPhone and the symbol on the top bar in Finder would connect and show the bars of the symbol in blue to show the strength of the signal. Now, I don´t get that either.

There is no "normal" internet connection where I live but I get a 3G phone signal which is why I need to connect to the internet is this way - as it´s the only way! I can connect to the internet via the USB which is what I am doing now.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this confusing matter.
Many thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.