Vmware Fusion really slows MBP even with 8GB Ram

Reaction score
Ok I have a MBP Mid 2010 with VMware 3.0 and Windows 7 64bit is installed in my bootcamp.

I have set the settings to 2 processor cores and 5768gb memory. But for some reason it is very sluggish and not what I expected when I upgraded the ram.

The OS X part is not as sluggish as the virtual machine. Should I switch to parallels? I remember I tried it on my cousins Mac but it was very confusing. What can I do to speed things up?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Ok I have a MBP Mid 2010 with VMware 3.0 and Windows 7 64bit is installed in my bootcamp.

If I'm reading your post correctly, you're using your Boot Camp partition with Windows 7 as a virtual machine? In other words, you virtualized your Windows 7 partition? If that's true, then:

1. Virtualizing a Boot Camp partition does cause slow downs.

2. I don't believe VMWare 3 is optimized for 64 bit Windows. Upgrade to version 4.0 which is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.