videos taken w/iPhone 3GS don't email

Reaction score
Why is it that when I take a video with my iPhone 3GS and email it from the phone, so many friends aren't able to open it? It's not the size, as people with Macs are usually able to see it.

I've tried sending it to my MacBook Pro and emailing it from there with the title and "MOV" as format, but still disappoint family and friends who can't open it.

Is it a formatting problem? What should I be doing that I'm not?

Thanks to whomever is able to help me with this. It's a longtime problem I'm just becoming really tired of trying to "fix".

Steph :>)

C

chas_m

Solution: stop emailing videos. Post them on Youtube on a private channel.

The problem is LIKELY to be that the rest of the people you're sending to are hobbled with Windows PCs and haven't bothered to (or can't figure out how to) install QuickTime, so they can't see anything that's not in Windows Media Player format or something similar.

You can try converting it if you want but really the solution I've posted is the right way to go.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Chas in Victoria,
Yes, I feel the same about my friends who still insist on hobbling themselves with PCs. I've converted many, but not all. :>)
How do I set up a YouTube private channel? I've posted there some years ago, but no clue how I did it.
Anyway, you're a kind soul and I'm very grateful for your suggestion, even tho' I expect all my Mac equipment to work miracles for me.

Thanks from...

Stephanie ...almost straight south from you in Oregon

Chas..wrote:
Solution: stop emailing videos. Post them on Youtube on a private channel.

The problem is LIKELY to be that the rest of the people you're sending to are hobbled with Windows PCs and haven't bothered to (or can't figure out how to) install QuickTime, so they can't see anything that's not in Windows Media Player format or something similar.

You can try converting it if you want but really the solution I've posted is the right way to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's just a matter of signing up with You Tube and making the video as private when you upload it, then sharing the link with your friends. The are several apps for iPhone that can handle that like Shozu or Pixelpipe

There's a few more suggestions here:
YouTube Upload Apps: iPad/iPhone Apps AppGuide

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.