IWeb Quicktime help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipad, Iphone 3GS, AppleTV, 27" IMac, Ipod Classic.
I have recently built a website using iWeb to build a company website, also using iPhoto to create a slideshow for use on this website. I have recently completed everything, uploaded the website and my three quicktime videos do not play... I have accessed the website a couple of times to try and figure out whats wrong and have seen the Quicktime logo with a question mark in it and another time had the Quicktime logo with a circle and line through it.... what does this mean, or what am i doing wrong? i am open to any other suggestions on creating a slideshow using some other program. thanks,

C

chas_m

Export the iPhoto slideshow (or just convert the existing movie file) into a standard cross-platform format like MP4.

Reaction score
Another potential fix, which may prove to be much easier to manage in the long run, would be to upload your videos to YouTube or Vimeo and then embed the video code into an HTML page on your iWeb site.

The added benefit of doing this is those services will do the file conversion for you so you don't have to worry about encoding for the web, files sizes, or using extra bandwidth at your hosting company, since it's all taken care of for you.

Hope that helps. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.