Sly's Quick Tips - Multitasking Probably Isn't Killing Your iPhone's Battery

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Recently one of our iPhone 3GS units began needing to be recharged before the end of the day. Quite unusual given that we were only sending a handful of text messages a day from that phone and hadn't taken any phone calls on the day we noticed the problem. My wife mentioned that this had been a bit of a problem for a few days but had suddenly gotten much worse that day.

For a moment the thought of new iPhones put a gleam in my eye. My wife quickly squashed that notion by assuring me that this was not a good excuse to get new iPhones. It might, in fact, be a reason to get rid of the ones we al... ... Return to article to continue reading.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Another fine blog post by Slydude. Definitely worth a read if you find yourself having iOS battery issues!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
Thanks Slydude... This is a very common problem but very few knows the solution.

OP
S

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You're welcome. As I say I learn something new every day.

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 that loses battery power pretty quickly. I prolong its daily lifespan by turning off 3G, Cellular Data, and Location Services. If I'm out and I need something, I simply take 10 seconds to turn these services back on.

Using this, I just charge my phone at night. On rare occasion, I might need a charge by early evening (if I spend any time playing Tiny Wings, for example).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.