iweb not accepting ftp credentials...not publishing

Reaction score
Changes to my iweb site are not publishing. I have spent an hour with my ftp provider (1&1), and we've verified the ftp credentials, and had no trouble connecting using filezilla, nor the 'test connection' option in iweb. However, when I try to publish changes to the website, I get an error message saying that 'connection to FTP server failed'. It actually did publish some of the changes, but not all of them.

According to the ftp provider, it seems as if iweb is no longer accepting the ftp credentials, or times out at some point. Does iweb only accept a certain number of files? Is this the problem? Is the size of the website limited with iweb?

Please help! Very frustrated!

C

chas_m

I don't know the answer, but as you've gotten it to work with Filezilla, why not just use that?

Reaction score
There is a old bug that might be affecting your copy of iWeb from properly logging into your FTP server. This can be corrected by making sure you are on the latest version of iWeb 09 by doing a software update on your machine. If that doesn't resolve the issue I would suggest just sticking with exporting your site to a folder and using Filezilla as chas mentions above.

Hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.