Limited admin account

Reaction score
I want to create a limited administrator account that can add printers etc. What I don't want the administrator account to do is change OTHER user's password's say the superuser "main admin account" is that possible on mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
You are jumping directly to the " solution space " without indicating what the problem is.
Especially the " ..... etcetera .... " part at the end of your first sentence..
What is the problem you are trying to solve ?

Cheers ... McBie

OP
T
Reaction score
What I want to do is create a limited admin account. And keep the limited admin from changing the super user or administrator's password two different accounts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
There is User and Administrator. Take your pick.

Was about to reply the same thing. There is no such account type as a " limited " admin.

Cheers ... McBie

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
As noted, you only get two types of accounts. You can give users admin privileges using sudo but that requires frequent use of the command line to accomplish tasks (which I'm sure you'd like to avoid). However, if you only have a small list of things you'd like your "limited admin" to do, it could be a workable solution. What exactly do you want your "limited admin" to do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.