New problem with wireless connection

Reaction score
Hi,
Really hoping that someone can help me.... have a macbook, and last night it went off for no reason, took a while before it would switch back on again, and in the process reset the system clock and will not connect to the internet. Not sure if there was a power surge or anything that might have affected the hardware. Trying to get it to work this morning, and I have rebooted multiple times, deleted and added back in wireless connection settings.
Theres no problem with the wireless connection because my windows laptop is connecting as normal.
It has connected once since but will not now reconnect. The network is hidden, but with network name and password added the error is 'connection timeout'.
Hope someone can shed some light on this one... many thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like some sort of hardware error with the MacBook. How about providing us with the year and model of the MacBook and which version of OS X you're running. The fact that the system clock was reset tells us it could have been a PS error.

Reaction score
Same here dude

I have a similar problem. My Mac OS won't connect to the Internet but when I boot up in windows the Internet works fine.
The connect usually times out or it just won't load a web page.
I'm currently running lion on my Mac. 10.7.3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.