installing 10.4 to external hard drive for powerbook g3 lombard

Reaction score
I happen to have an old powerbook g3 lombard or broze keyboard. i have wanted to install 10.4 onto the laptop. i tried using xpostfacto to do this with but the laptop gets stuck in a loop. I have the cd version of 10.4 tiger since the laptop doesnt have a dvd rom so i can't use the dvd version i have. after i get xpostfacto to work i can get the first disc to install fine then it asks for the second disc and and it will install and then it asks for the 3rd disc and i give it the 3rd disc and then it goes right back to asking for the second disc and installing the second disc and so on. i have thought about trying to instal the os to an external laptop ide drive so i can then place the hard drive into the lombard after it is installed. i tried to do this first from my dads old g4 but the drive has the red exclamation on it even after being formatted and the only mac i can use that will boot from usb is my parents imac mid/late 2007 model. is there a way i can make this install correctly to an external drive so i can place it in the lombard. the reason i want to run 10.4 tiger is cause most programs wont support anything less then 10.4 tiger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.