Ipod Classic 160GB playing tracks out of order

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 iMac (El Capitan); mid-2010 MacBook Pro (El Capitan); iPad Mini 2
Can anyone help?

I have spent a lot of time on my Mac, compiling compilation albums (NOT playlists) on itunes. I have painstakingly gone through every track, and manually put the track numbers on. The 'part of a compilation' box is checked for every track. All looks just fine in itunes.

Once synced to the ipod, once I select a particular album, the tracks do NOT play in the correct order. They are - for some reason - playing in alphabetical order of artist name. Why is it doing this when all is correct on itunes? Has anyone else come across this, and is there a fix?

Thanks

Stuart

C

chas_m

Take a look at the preferences of your iPod Classic, my guess would be that the answer is there.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 iMac (El Capitan); mid-2010 MacBook Pro (El Capitan); iPad Mini 2
Chas M,

Thanks for your response but that's a very generic answer you've given.

On the ipod Classic - ie, the gadget itself - there is no 'preferences' option. There is a 'settings' options, however - and nowhere in there does it give any play order option.

Furthermore, once connected to itunes, there is no play order option there either. In fact, it appears to me that there is very limited scope for changing ANYTHING on the ipod.

How ironic that my most expensive - by far - digital music player to date cannot seem to do what my very first, rather primitive player could do without any trouble.

I've had this gadget for 4 months now and cannot shake the feeling that this £180 ($320) Ipod classic is nowhere near all it's cracked up to be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.