NICECAST : embedding a player on my tumblr website to stream my broadcast ?

Reaction score
hello all,

I've got Nicecast broadcasting to my site using an Adobe Flash Audio Player from Stream24. I researched and tried a ton of players , but this is the only one I could get to successfully stream my live broadcast using the 'share' address that Nicecast provides.

But.. it doesn't have the track info (currently playing song titles and artists). The "Nicecast and the Web" section of the Nicecast manual has some PHP code for embedding this tracklist info, but I can't get this working either. I guess you need to load a txt/rtl file to a remote server somehow. I've created the file sucessfully and it is updating itself locally on my computer, but I don't see how this will automatically load to the internet where it's to be hosted. Has anyone had success in doing this ?

OR, is there a better/easier web player that can be embedded that will show the track info automatically ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

peace

Here's the Stream24 Flash Player that works , kinda. Give it a try if you are interested. (just drop the .m3u extention form the custom share address provided by Nicecast and plug it into the coding :
stream24™ | Embedding radio player

excerpt from the manual:
"If you're using a remote web server, you'll need to find a way to get the RTL file up to that web server
before it can be read. This is more difficult, and will likely require some sort of scripting. Research in
AppleScript and other solutions will likely be the best bet. Good luck!"

OP
S
Reaction score
nobody has embedded a player that can stream a Nicecast broadcast with / track info on their website ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.