arrange Icon size and grid spacing folders and sub-folders

Reaction score
anyone know how to arrange the icon size and grid spacing for all folders and sub folders?

I understand that 'set as default' applies to all folders opened in that particular view (e.g. icon, list), meaning that it sets the defaults for that view as opposed to the defaults for that folder.

I have a different icon size for pictures, music, documents... so defaults is of no use and doesn't actually work like that anyway it only changes some folders¿?

i know i can use automator but that doesn't affect grid spacing and only offers icon size from 16-51-86-122....512 !?

I don't get it someone explain please

Simply this is what I want...

To change the icon size and grid spacing for my pictures folder and all sub folders within

and again with my music folder but with a different icon size and grid spacing also I use list view for each album folder

automator does not complete this task properly and the manual way is not an option

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I thought it was supposed to apply the selections to all enclosed folders of the folder you click it for. So if you do it in Photos, it does it to all folders in Photos, then you repeat it in Music. However, folders that have been manipulated previously will not change. Are you finding that the above is not the case?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.