Adobe Photoshop 9 and Lion

Reaction score
I currently have Adobe Photoshop 9 on my computer with Snow Leopard and was thinking of upgrading to Lion but I can't seem to find anywhere if PS 9 will work with Lion or even Mountain Lion. The box says it will work with Snow Leopard but it doesn't say 10.6 or later. It simply says 10.6 and I can't seem to find anything on their website to say if PS 9 will work with 10.7 or not.

PS 10 will work but that doesn't help me with PS 9. Does anybody know? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Are you talking Photoshop Elements 9, or Photoshop 9 (which was part of CS2). If you're referring to the CS2 version, that will not work with Lion as it's PPC code. If you're referring to PsE 9, that should work.

OP
H
Reaction score
Sorry for not clarifying but it's Photoshop Elements 9. I'm interested in upgrading to Lion or Mountain Lion and curious to know if PSE 9 will work or if I have to upgrade to PSE 10.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
As I stated above. PsE9 should work. It's running on my kids Lion box :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Yep, PSE 9 and Lion is fine

Reaction score
I am trying to install Photoshop Elements 10 on Lion.
The install stops and tells me to close dynamiclinkmanager (all one word).
I can't find it to close it?
How do I close it.
Thank you.
I forgot to say it is an iMac OSX 10.7.3
2.66 Ghz 2 Du core Intel with 4GB Ram

Reaction score
I just kept on deleting and reinstalling from the DVD, and finally it got installed.
Sorry to have posted in wrong forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.