Best adblocking for Safari?

Reaction score
Hi, what is the best adblocking extension (or any other methods) available for Safari?

I have been using Adblock but recently it started giving me a lot of troubles and I had to find another method. Then I moved on to GlimmerBlocker. Its just too much for ad blocking and and does not work properly (blocks certain ads but they appear on the same page occasionally).

An adblocking extension is a must have thing for me. If there is no good solutions available, i will be forced to start using Firefox instead, although I love Safari.

Can you suggest a good method to block ads on Safari?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
What exactly is Adblock doing now that is unacceptable?

Could there be some conflicts with other extensions or something that can be reset, reinstalled, or fine tuned?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yes, what are the issues with Adblock? It works 100% here on 6 Macs.

There might be something else but I have never had a reason to try anything else.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes, what are the issues with Adblock? It works 100% here on 6 Macs.

There might be something else but I have never had a reason to try anything else.

Safari crashes as I start entering text to the URL bar when the Adblock is installed. I tried resetting Safari, reinstalling adblock, repairing disk permissions. But non of them works. It would be even better if i can get adblock working cos I was very happy with it until it start giving problems.

OP
D
Reaction score
What exactly is Adblock doing now that is unacceptable?

Could there be some conflicts with other extensions or something that can be reset, reinstalled, or fine tuned?

I have described the problem in my previous post. There were no other extensions installed at that time other than Adblock.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Safari's extension ecosystem (much like Opera's) is rather limited. This is a side effect of joining the extension game late combined with a small market share. Thus, your limited to a handful and if they don't work, you're out of luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.