Wolfenstein ET lag!

E

Ey3 D

I downloaded Wolfenstein Enemy Territory (the free online multiplayer version only) and the requirements were 512 mb ram, which my iBook has. But, whenever I play on any server, it lags so much that I have no control over it at all and always have to force quit it. It's getting quite annoying since my iBook can run World of Warcraft without any lag, but can't run a simple FPS. My internet is Earthlink DSL, and really fast, so I doubt that's the problem.Any suggestions to make the game run more smoothly or make my computer faster in general without buying extra ram.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Ey3 D said:
I downloaded Wolfenstein Enemy Territory (the free online multiplayer version only) and the requirements were 512 mb ram, which my iBook has. But, whenever I play on any server, it lags so much that I have no control over it at all and always have to force quit it. It's getting quite annoying since my iBook can run World of Warcraft without any lag, but can't run a simple FPS. My internet is Earthlink DSL, and really fast, so I doubt that's the problem.Any suggestions to make the game run more smoothly or make my computer faster in general without buying extra ram.

Thanks!

well I also have used ET on an ibook as well. The lag, even if you have DSL, is unavoidable at times. The processor is not what matters in for ET. It is a simple question of graphics. The graphics card is not sufficieny enough to run Et and therefore you have lag. First, go into the game settings and turn the resloution down and only play on servers that are low ping. Also, do be doing any background download, as that will only increase the lag. I have played ET at lan parties were there are pings of under 5. To prove that my claim is true, attempt to play some maps while checking frames per second. To do this, while in game push the console button (directly below escape) and type the following command
\cg_drawFPS 1
On some maps, even on the lowest settings, I have obtained FPS of 5 or less. Truth of the matter is that game wise, mac is not well prepared (at least the majority of ibooks) for the type of grpahics needed to compete with the "elites." Check also other forum, that I started on:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26831
Any other qyestions I would be happy to answer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.