First thread, first simple question hehe

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Well hopefully I'm posting this in the good place. First of all, I'm glad I found this forum of Mac enthusiasts, it will help me find a quick and clean answer to my question ! :)

So I'm planning on mounting a 27'' iMac in my kitchen and use it both as a computer and as a television. But here's the thing, I'd like to be able to watch regular cable on it, basicly like I can atm with my old school 14 inch TV. So here's my question. What do I need to buy or do to be able to plug that kind of wire directly into my iMac or if not directly, to see the exact content and change channel normally on my Mac.

IMG_20120424_00042.jpg

Thanks alot in advance guys !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Larry H has spotted it. But the best thing to do is email them directly, tell them who your cable supplier is and your plans to connect it to an iMac and get info straight from the horses mouth :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Perfect :) I purchased it ! :) But another question came to my mind. Is it possible to wall mount an iMac 27'' (newest version) ? I've looked for it around the web but seem to get different answers ... Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
According to this in the Apple Store you can get VESA mounts for the 27in iMac.

C

chas_m

Since you are mounting this in the kitchen, please be aware of potential risks to the machine, including keeping it well away from steam, heat, food dust (like flour etc) and be sure not to block the either the air intakes on the bottom nor the heat exhaust vent on the top back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.