lost program help

Reaction score
I recently bought and downloaded a program named "MacKeeper" to supposedly clean and optimize my IMac, as well as install an anti virus program. Well, as soon as I did it, I was unable to access or open Adobe Acrobat. The program is still there, but all I get is a blank screen. I've since deleted Mackeeper, but cannot figure out how to get Adobe back up and running, and I need it to read and send PDF files. Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
First run through these instructions to be sure MacKeeper is gone:
how to uninstall MacKeeper « Phil Stokes

It's terrible software and causes no end of problems. A quick search of these forums will give you all the info you need about MacKeeper.

Next you can just use Preview to handle PDFs. Just Right-click on a PDF choose Get Info then select Preview from the Open with dropdown list then click change all.

If, however, you really want Acrobat Reader do a fresh download and install straight from Adobes website.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks, mrplow, I went through Phil Stokes' instructions to get rid of Mackeeper. Thanks a lot for the info on Preview. Just in case, though, do I need to uninstall the corrupted version of Acrobat I now have before I download from Adobe again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It may not be necessary but it can do no harm to try an uninstall first.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks, Mplow, will do. In case I get the ame blank screen, is there a way to get to an install program for my corrupted version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks again; now another, somewhat unrelated question. I just bought an Ipad3, and I don't see Preview in any of the apps. Do you know if it's embedded somewhere, or do I need to download in order to read and send PDF's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iOS natively supports PDFs no app required.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.