How to record in game music?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newb that just bought a mbp late 2011 13inch, and so far I love the switch from pc, this thing is amazing. Its been kind of difficult to find software for certain things but I eventually find what I need, just takes longer. But, I can't seem to find any information or apps that could help me record in game music. There's a few games from my ps2 and 360 that have awesome bgm that I want to record, can anyone help me out on how to do this?

Reaction score
Connect PS3 to Macbook

Hi there,

you should try it with garage band - it should be on board already. The most difficult thing is to connect your PS3 to your Macbook to record the audio of the game. I suppose you need an external audio interface to connect your PS3 to your computer and then record it with Garageband.
Another good resource for Game Music is this site.

I hope this works...!!!

Cheers!

OP
T
Reaction score
yeah that was what I was wondering about, the whole interface...and mbp's don't really have audio inputs or anything right? Man this could be tough...anyone else have any ideas?? Kinda surprised no one is replying to this thread...

OP
T
Reaction score
hey thanks a lot! that looks like what I need. Do you know if it records high quality or have a choice of formats or encoding? Or bit rate tweaks?

C

chas_m

hey thanks a lot! that looks like what I need. Do you know if it records high quality or have a choice of formats or encoding? Or bit rate tweaks?

I'm not as familiar with Piezo. Since I use its big brother Audio Hijack Pro. But I would expect it to do all of those things.

Reaction score
There is a beta program developed by Dark_AleX himself (before he changed his alias from Moonlight to Dark_AleX) that records in-game audio. It does not limit the audio to 1 minute to my knowledge; however, it does make the audio into .wav format, which is about 10mb for one minute of audio.

It can be found here:
http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Audio-Recorder-...6935/catid/140

Reaction score
There is a beta program developed by Dark_AleX himself (before he changed his alias from Moonlight to Dark_AleX) that records in-game audio. It does not limit the audio to 1 minute to my knowledge; however, it does make the audio into .wav format, which is about 10mb for one minute of audio.

It can be found here:
http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Audio-Recorder-...6935/catid/140

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.