Office 2011 install time keeps increasing

Reaction score
This happened the last time I tried to install Office 2011 as well.

I put the disk in, get to the install progress bar and it just moves from 5 to 10 to 20 to 30 now at 46 minutes; the blue bar does not move past the mid point.

I had Office(trial) on this compter at some point in the past, I think before I installed Lion, I believe I completely removed it prior to trying to reinstall it today.

I really need to make a powerpoint, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

OP
S
Reaction score
Fixed my own problem!

For anyone with the same issue, I just closed my laptop mid installation(with the time just increasing), took a ~2 hour nap, woke up, opened laptop, reopened and then quit Chrome and suddenly the install time dropped from 5 and a half hours to 8 minutes and then it installed within 3.

So yeah, I'm thinking it might have been a problem with it not recognizing Chrome having been quit the first time or maybe some magic happened when I closed the laptop.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Office 2011 installer warns you to close all applications during the install. Did you miss that? Leaving Chrome open probably blocked its access to the net which it needs in order to complete the install.

OP
S
Reaction score
You misunderstand. Initially it warned me to close Chrome and Firefox, I did and the warning went away, however the progress bar still did not move and the install time continued to increase.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You misunderstand. Initially it warned me to close Chrome and Firefox, I did and the warning went away, however the progress bar still did not move and the install time continued to increase.

You didn't mention that in your first post but I suspect that maybe Chrome didn't shut down properly. Anyway, glad to hear everything's OK now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.