Tv premium English

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it is possible to run tv English premium from my iPhone to my MacBook? and how to do it, if anyone could help me out I would be really grateful :)

C

chas_m

I do not understand your question.

As a wild guess, are you saying you have BBC's Global iPlayer on your iPhone? If so, your subscription will work with the desktop version of iPlayer as well.

If you're asking how to use your MacBook as the "receiver" of Airplay content sent from your iPhone, there are several third-party options for that. Here's the one I use:

Reflection.app - AirPlay Mirroring to your Mac

OP
P
Reaction score
No i dont have the bbc iplayer app i have the TV English Premium app and yes i would like to run it off my iphone so that my macbook receives it and i can watch it on the laptop, i have googled a few things most people say use air-flick or air-player but im unsure how to set it up.

C

chas_m

Yes, I've finally learned what "TV English Premium" is. The reviews are horrible, so I hope you're not expecting much. There's absolutely no way that app can be legally streaming BBC, so you should expect that to get shut down eventually.

Still, Air Player should do the job in the meantime, or the Reflection have I mentioned earlier. You can find out how to use them by going to the developers website. If you have an HDTV, you may want to think about actually just getting an Apple TV. It would be a much better solution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sky have already approached them and pulled their channels and I wouldn't be surprised if, as chas_m suggests, the BBC follow and demand removal of their content.

The app developers are requesting 5 star reviews to unlock channels. This app looks like a quick hit-and-run and wouldn't be at all surprised if it disappeared.

There are many other TV apps on the app store that can do what you want along with the solutions already posted

Reaction score
TV Premium English

Interesting. The app worked for me yesterday (April 22), although it took a couple of times to download the channel line up. After that the channels came through with good quality (in California). (I did notice that a couple of HD channels were only showing a video of their new product Futubox.)

I enjoyed BBC News news and the London mayoral debate (Ken Livingstone's looks have improved over the years...). Was looking forward to reconnecting with Eastenders today (lunchtime Pacific Time - our local TV station dumped Eastenders a couple of years ago :( ).
Unfortunately, this morning there are problems getting the line up. The app is not working for me at this time.

Whether the manufacturer broke copyright laws depends on whether or not they obtained permissions. No word as to that. The line up is too good to be true... Especially, given the technology phobic nature of the BBC.

As I did more research on this app I found Futubox.com. This apparently is a subscription service that charges about 100 Euros per year. They offer similar channels.

I doubt if TV Premium English is legitimate (too good to be true), but if it were I would gladly pay the subscription fee (or for that matter the British TV license fee) to regain access to quality programming. However, because of the link to this app, I recommend against signing up for this service.

Just my $ 0.99 worth (the best money I spent this year).

A Dutchman in California ;)

C

chas_m

If you think any of the 100 euros subscription to Futobox.com will go to the copyright/content holders, you're dreaming. It's another hit-and-run scam to get as much money as possible before getting shut down.

If you want something that is LEGIT and WORKS, then you want the Global BBC iPlayer. A subscription costs $85 per year, but you can download and try the app with plenty of free offerings (nothing current mind you).

App Store - BBC iPlayer (Global)

Reaction score
Well, I got the app when most didn't know about it...the HD channels were working then, but now since more people have downloaded it, they replaced the HD channels with Ads. All of the non-hd channels works for me. I was watching "Day of the Dead" yesterday on my iPad and the quality wasn't half bad. The channels with the name of the show showing underneath them generally works fine.
16GB iPad 3

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

iPlayer is not available in most countries in the world (the "international" part refers to Canada and a few Scandinavian countries).

Frans

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.