iTunes and music folder

Reaction score
Hi.

I am on snow leopard. I copied my music folder to my dropbox folder. Option clicked iTunes and choose to open my newly copied iTunes library.

1- From now on, when I normal-click iTunes shortcut from the dock, which iTunes library will open? Default music folder one or the newly copied dropbox one?

2- When iTunes is in opened from that dropbox folder library, where does it download mobile apps, music artwork, newly purchased songs etc? To the default music folder or the folders that are under the folder of the curent library file is?

I hope I made myelf clear. English is not my main language so if do not make sense in my questions sorry :)

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Option clicking will temporarily open that library. The default won't be changed in this way.

If you want to make the change permanent you can change the library location in the iTunes Preferences.

Any downloads/purchases will be added to the currently loaded library

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.