• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie

Reaction score
I'm creating a video in iMovie using pictures. I want to use the Ken Burns effect; however, it won't let me capture the entire photo to start or finish, just a small select portion. Any idea if it's possible to capture the entire picture using the Ken Burns effect.
Thanx.

Reaction score
It won't let you grab the red or green boxes and stretch them to include more of the image?

Reaction score
Just curious... When you select the green start box (for example) and you attempt to click and drag from the corner to resize, what does it do? Are the corner resize indicators there? Does the pointer become a crosshair?

OP
B
Reaction score
When I select the green start box, it only covers a small portion of the photo (same with the red end box). The corners of the pictures have brackets around them and nothing happens when I place the cursor over them. When I place my cursor over the horiontal margins at the top or bottom of the pic, it allows me to drag the entire box up or down, but it won't expand the box (hope this makes sense).

Reaction score
Yes, that makes sense.
This is what it's supposed to do:
When a box is selected, your cursor should be changing as you roll around different areas of the box. When you are outside the box, the cursor should be a standard selection arrow. When you are inside the box, the cursor should become a hand to grab and move the whole box. When you roll over the box sides or top/bottom, the cursor should become a bar with arrows to stretch that side of the box. And when you are on a corner, the cursor should become a crosshair to stretch the corners.
So, the only cursor change you are seeing is that it becomes a hand at the top and the bottom?

OP
B
Reaction score
Exactly, the only thing I can do is move the preset boxes up or down.
Any idea how I can change the size of the boxes to cover more of the picture?

Reaction score
It sounds like you have the start/end boxes at their maximum size; i.e. out to the edges of your image. The boxes are only moving up and down because the frames must retain the aspect ratio you have selected for the project. The only way to get more of the image to show at this point is to change the aspect ratio. You probably have it set to 16:9. You can change it to 4:3 and more of your image will show. Select File>Project Properties>Aspect Ratio>Standard (4:3)

OP
B
Reaction score
I'm not known as a cat person, but FrtzDaCat, you're my hero. Your advice on how to fix my "Ken Burns" problem was spot on. I'm composing a graduation video to honor my senior daughter and my frustration level had reached the breaking point. You saved the day!

Thanks a million.

Reaction score
My pleasure. Congrats to your daughter on her graduation!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.