The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard

Reaction score
I have a older iMac, and in the next month or so I'm going to buy a new one. I looked in stores to get a feel of the new hardware, one thing troubles me. The Aluminum keyboard is great, it's sleek, responsive, and just feels overall good. All of these are the pros, the cons are big hits for me; Missing a num-pad, and it's simply way to small for my hands. So Does anyone have a alternative that still contains the mac keyset so I don't have to stare at a ugly windows logo.

I would prefer a larger keyboard, at least 18in min. I like the sleek, nice design of the Apple keyboard, It needs to have a numberpad, Wired/wireless is not a important matter, but I prefer a wireless that works NICELY with the iMac.

Please do tell me if anyone knows of a keyboard that fits this description.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Small in what way?

Width, or thickness?

OP
M
Reaction score
I really do like the thin design, but the fact that the keys are so small. I prefer a keyboard with larger keys.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That USB Apple keyboard is a full sized keyboard. The keys don't stick up as much as some Microsoft or Logitechs but the spacing at least to me seems the same. I use one daily and can fly on it.

OP
M
Reaction score
In the next couple days I'm going to take a trip to the Apple Store, I'll see if they have one out.
So let me get this right, the USB keyboard with number pad's KEYS are bigger than the wireless one? Ex., on the wireless let's assume the A key is 1/2 inch, on the USB the A key is 1in? (Thats just imaginary numbers)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No. I have both keyboards (wired and wireless) and the keys are the same size and stick up the same in height. The difference is the missing numpad and several other convenience keys on the wireless model. (Which by the way, I can't stand.)

The best Apple keyboard is sold here. Not inexpensive though. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.