Upgrading to OS X Lion

Reaction score
Hi, I am running a MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 and want to upgrade to OS Lion. I realise that I need to be running OS X Snow Leopard but do I need OS X Leopard first? and is it possible to get OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard as downloads?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You don't need Leopard first. You can just download and install Lion from the Mac App Store as long as you are running Snow Leopard.

Lion is the only version of OS X available for download.

OP
P
Reaction score
I never upgraded to Leopard, so can I skip that step and just get Snow Leopard, and then download Lion after that?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
If you are currently running 10.6.8, like you said in your first post, you are running Snow Leopard.

OP
P
Reaction score
Oh right, that´s OK then! So I just need to download OS X Lion? Another question, - if I bought my MacBook Pro in Santiago Chile will it make any difference to the OS X Lion download if I download it from the US Mac site?
Thanks very much for all your help btw

OP
P
Reaction score
Oh right, that´s OK then! So I just need to download OS X Lion? Another question, - if I bought my MacBook Pro in Santiago Chile will it make any difference to the OS X Lion download if I download it from the US Mac site?
Thanks very much for all your help btw

C

chas_m

Hi, I am running a MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 and want to upgrade to OS Lion. I realise that I need to be running OS X Snow Leopard but do I need OS X Leopard first? and is it possible to get OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard as downloads?

Just to clarify, Leopard was the PRECURSOR to Snow Leopard, so it is completely moot to your situation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.