Front Row Help

P

PowerbookG417

oaky..so i've threw some previous post and i havent found anything for this yet. i have lots of great movie files id like to watch using my front row application but their in .avi what would ppl suggest to convert these files to .mpg. the easier the better please and thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You could use Quicktime Pro, ffMpegX, or something like iSquint.

OP
C

caustik

Install the filter suite from www.3ivx.com and you can play all your avi's in front row without converting. Just drop them into you movies folder or create an alias to wherever you are storing them. Be it another folder on your mac or on another machine on your network. Enjoy.

Caustik.

PowerbookG417 said:
oaky..so i've threw some previous post and i havent found anything for this yet. i have lots of great movie files id like to watch using my front row application but their in .avi what would ppl suggest to convert these files to .mpg. the easier the better please and thanks

OP
P

PowerbookG417

caustik said:
Install the filter suite from www.3ivx.com and you can play all your avi's in front row without converting. Just drop them into you movies folder or create an alias to wherever you are storing them. Be it another folder on your mac or on another machine on your network. Enjoy.

Caustik.

well i tried that piece of software you mentioned and it doesnt work, all i get is a white screen when it plays the files..and no audio :(
also load time was extreamly slow.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

thanks schweb for the help with those applications isquint has now become one of my more favourite applications.

i however to still need some more assistance with front row, everything is working great i would just like to clean up my organization a bit. i have movies stored in movies and i have music videos with the music videos section..but the one and only section i havent been able to get is the TV shows, there is no option in iTunes to tell it that its a tv show.

anyone know how to go about this ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Officially no.

Inofficially: Google mrtvpod - it's a hack that will make your files show up in the tv-section. It's currently command-line only though :/

OP
P

PowerbookG417

are you sure its going to make them show up in there..it seems as thought that is only for the files that are on the ipod not in itunes..maybe i just read it wrong tho

i'll try it tonight and see

OP
P

PowerbookG417

yah that file never helped...you ahve to install the file to your ipod...its soley for using the playlist on the ipod not in itunes/front row...but thanks for the tip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.