Can't have different applications windows open at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

For some reason whenever i'm using an application, lets say Chrome, only the windows of chrome would show on the screen. If I click on some other app like terminal, the windows of chrome would dissappear and only the windows of terminal would shop up, so basicially I can't multi task between different applications windows...
This thing usually happens when you press the alt key and press an app on the dock, but not it's permanent and it's really annoying.

What's the deal?
How can I fix this?

using macbook pro late 2008 10.7.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
This thing usually happens when you press the alt key and press an app on the dock
You're right, that's what it does.

How can I fix this?
Simple. Don't press the Alt key. If you do that it hides the other App.

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm not pressing the alt key, that's the thing, it's like it's behaving exactly the opposite.

C

chas_m

ISTR several third-party system utility apps that give people this option (hide all but the app I am using, essentially). I wonder if that's what is going on?

(this effect can be replicated by hitting option-command-H when you're in an app with standard hiding controls.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.