iPhone app update

Reaction score
Hi all, my iPhone has an update showing for Garageband but every time I try to download it I'm told that there isn't enough space. I haven't gone as far as taking everything off to see if that allows the update to download, but I do have over 1 gig of space free on my iPhone so I don't see why I keep getting this message. Two questions: 1) how do I get the update? and 2) if I can't, can I make the message go away? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Garageband is an almost 1GB app, so if you are real close to the 1GB of free space, that may be why it won't download. As for removing it from your download queue, I'm not sure. Maybe someone else on the forums will know.

C

chas_m

Bottom line: you'll need to clear more space, at least temporarily. During the update process, the iPhone has to have at least as much room (or more) than the app itself, since both the old and the new will co-exist at least momentarily.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.