Preferences reset after restart

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been having some strange issues with Lion, or at least I think its Lion.. So here I am on my MacBook pro from 2010, reinstalling Snow Leopard and Lion afterwards. I install the updates and some programs (Plex, uTorrent, Chrome) only to realize that when I restart, some preferences completely ignored.. All programs added to the Dock are gone again, the assigned log-in items don't start up, iCloud was logged out again..

I reinstalled the whole thing, except for Lion, and it all worked fine. So anyway, I thought it was the laptop. Some sort of hardware problem or something, right? So I just got this new Mac mini, with Lion, and it does the same exact thing.

It doesn't remember some changes I made. I tried to repair permissions, but it doesn't do anything. Can anyone help me with this? Does anyone have seen the same problem?

OP
J
Reaction score
I know I have to delete some file that makes it happen, but I just don't know which one.. Which file stores Dock data and other stuff?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.