Magic Mouse is killin meh!!

Reaction score
So recent switch to MAC from Windows. I've always used a trackball, I love my trackball. But the computer came with the magic mouse. Figured I should give it a try now, right? Well....

The mouse moves, and the "magic buttons" work. IE scrolling, two finger swipe and what not. Perfect, cool, love it!

However, left click doesn't work!?!? I can live w/o the right click, ok. Fine, I can figure this out. But no left click. At all? I'm sure its user error. But, for the life of me and Google, I cannot figure out the answer. I hate posting a problem/question like this, but I'm outta answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a log file I can check, or something? I've removed the LLC (Logitech control software) - rebooted even, but I had to plug the trackball in to just login to the OS again. =**[

TIA

OP
S
Reaction score
A little update. I just bought a Magic Trackpad now. That also doesn't have the ability to "click" either. Gestures still work great, but no left and right click with this either. So its the OS and not hardware related. ARGH!!!!!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
A dumb question, are you actually clicking the magic mouse or trackpad? You should be hearing the clicking sound and feel the mouse and trackpad depress with your clicks..

On the trackpad (and magic mouse too maybe I've forgotten), a single tap is also considered a left click, hold down the Option button to make this a right click and Command button to make it a middle click..

OP
S
Reaction score
Really? Like... WOW!!!! All this time, and I was pressing it with my purse. For some reason, I thought it was more sensitive than I was pressing it. Can I get some negative points on that one? Is it too early for a hard drink now? HAHAHAHAH

Much thanks Razor....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.