Replaced a part in my MacBook and now it won't turn on.

Reaction score
Ok so my black MacBook's (a1181) it sensor wasn't working so I took it apart to see why. I determined that it was the connection from the ir sensor to the hard drive board. So I ordered a new one. I put it back together before I got it and it worked just fine, so I got the part in today and put it in but now my Mac wont turn on at all, no noises, clicks, lights anything. I grounded myself before messing with the insides and I have opened my Mac many times before this with no problems. So if anyone has any information for why my Mac won't turn on please let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26 8GB RAM 500GBhdd, iPhone 4, and iPad
does the light on the adapter tip light up when you plug it in?

are you sure all the connectors are plugged back in solid?

what exactly do you mean by IR sensor to the hard drive board? Ive taken apart various macs for various reasons by am not familiar with that right off the top of my head.

OP
X
Reaction score
Yes that light comes on. And there are four connections you have to undo, the keyboard, the DVD drive, the screen (I think), and the HDD connector. I made sure all of them are plugged in well and I still get nothing.
Here is the part I replaced.
RD9uoHZf

Here is where the ir connection is.
rWs4wHXY

Here it is together.
DP3EaOLo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The dvd drive wouldnt cause it not to boot. The keyboard also has the power button on it, since when you hit the power button the green light next to the camera turns on that makes me think something is happening there so its connected. If the hard drive wasnt connected it would still boot to a folder with a question mark and thats not happening. If the screen wasnt hooked up I imagine it would still boot and chime.

I really have no idea what could of happened.... I wish I could suggest something but I cant hopefully someone else will read this and see something Im missing.

I think Apple machines run a diagnostic before the chime so maybe its being hung up somewhere. how long did you hold the power button down for?

OP
X
Reaction score
The light in the power adapter comes on not the one next to the iSight camera. And also I have held it down for several seconds. I've tried everything I can think of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
why did I think that? lack of sleep I guess....

I dont remember what the keyboard plug looks like but that makes me say explore something with that. At the very least something should happen when you hit/hold the power button unless your logic board is completely fried but I dont see that happening if you were careful....

can you send some pics of the entire laptop open?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.