Migrating Apps: Individually or All

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 24"/2.8Ghz/Cor2/6GB/1.5TB/OS 10.9.4; MBP E'2011:13"/2.3Ghz I-5/4GB RAM/10.10.1/250GB SSD
Evening all,

Well, I just replaced my hdd in my iMac w/1.5TB Seagate (and mem from 4GB to 6GB) . In the process of performing OS X updates.

My question: can I migrate apps individually or only as a whole (esp. iWork)? I know I can do it from Time Machine but one of my earlier post's (Shift + s inop) has been cleared with the new install. Because I migrated my apps and settings from my iMac to my MBP, that fault transferred to my MBP - no shift + s on the MBP. If Time Machine 'copied' that fault or software error, I don't want it to get back the iMac new install. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You should be able to transfer them individually. But depending on the app, you may want to run the installer as they may require more that just the app bundle to run.

As for the Shift-S not working, it is most likely a preference, and when you restored from Time Machine, it kept that preference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.