Can't install apps from Mac App Store AND cannot add Apps to Launchpad

Reaction score
I'm having a problem when I try to install any apps from the Mac App Store. Once the app is purchased it appears on the Launchpad with a download then an installation progress bar. This is normal. However, when the installation progress bar completes, the app immediately disappears off of the Launchpad. I tried to reset my Launchpad thinking it would fix the problem, but now my Launchpad is empty and I can't add any apps to it (even tried dragging and dropping new items to it from my applications folder). Now that my Launchpad is broken;:[ I don't think the problem installing Apps is even related to Launchpad because the apps are not appearing in my Applications folder either after installation. Anyone have any ideas I could try?

OP
S
Reaction score
I figured it out. Just needed to reboot into Recovery mode 'Command R' and run repair hard disk permissions. Everything's back to normal. Awesome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.