Imac lag

Reaction score
Hi there,

Is my first time here and I`ll try explain mine situation:

I had a imac with OS 10.6.8, Intel Core 2Duo 3.06GHZ, 4Gb DDR3 and a GeForce 9400 256MB.
After format and instalation of all softwares (Office and CS5) start use normaly, but after few days, when open illustrator, photoshop, safari and itunes together freeze screen and close photoshop and lose all things done.

This isn`t normal, a month ago I open all this and use normaly, but now had this problem, any light for me?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I have a new MacBook Air and the thing screams. Until I open iTunes. Then the machine slows down and my mouse (wireless, not bluetooth) starts lagging like crazy. Maybe try the other apps without iTunes (I think there's a bug in the latest version)? Also, Safari has always been a hog for me. Think about trying Chrome...

OP
L
Reaction score
Strange, because a few weeks ago was allright... I open all this stuff and work without lag or freezing... I not know if is a temperature or something else... but now is impossible to work on mac... I allready lost some work when close the photoshop.. not know what need do to solve this problem...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Strange, because a few weeks ago was allright... I open all this stuff and work without lag or freezing... I not know if is a temperature or something else... but now is impossible to work on mac... I allready lost some work when close the photoshop.. not know what need do to solve this problem...

Did you even attempt any of the things I just suggested?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
an idea: do you have something like tuneup installed which launches with iTunes? another user here reported his mac freezing because of this program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
an idea: do you have something like tuneup installed which launches with iTunes? another user here reported his mac freezing because of this program

I do not have any "additions" to iTunes installed. VERY good place to start for those folks that do though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Sounds good. TheMacMania made me think about my own iTunes issues. It might only happen when I am also running Spotify. Obviously, there are hooks into iTunes from Spotify since it "sees" all the information from iTunes. I will report back...

OP
L
Reaction score
After a few days testing without itunes, still had a problems with freezing and crash... Any tips?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.