Need ideas/input with MacBook Pro office setup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011, 13" MacBook Pro, 2.3GHz Intel Core i5, 320GB, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000, OS X Lion
Hey guys,

I need a some input on setting up a little work place for my MacBook Pro in my house. I've to decided to have a little work station in my master bedroom separate from my home office. I still have a few peripherals that I need to connect the MBP too. I hate having to connect them every single time and the cords look messy. Here is a list of what I have

MacBook Pro 13 inch
26 inch ASUS 2nd display (connected using Mini DisplayPort to HDMI)
Epson V600 scanner (USB)
M-Audio Studiophile CX5 Monitor Speakers (Not pictured and having figured out best connection yet)
The TV on the wall will just connect though my apple TV once Mountain Lion comes out.

I don't mind having to plug one cord in plus power. I've looked at some of the docking stations but I really wasn't waiting to spend 250+. I was thinking about finding a nice powered hub, but it would need to have all the connection ports. A hub also makes sense me me but I sometimes have a few USB devices plugged in at once.

I also have not decided on how I am going to connect the speakers. I know I can get 3.5mm cord that splits to each speaker but that another thing to reconnect plus I don't know if that reduces quality. Should I buy another interface to connect the speakers too? Here is a link to the exact speakers I have. Link to Speakers

DSC00568.jpg

Let me know what all think. Thanks!

Dustin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.