onyx vs ccleaner

Reaction score
hello all. i just joined this forum. i have a question about which program to use. before there was no cleaner for mac, but now there is. i used to use ccleaner when i was a pc user but when i switched to mac i was recommended to onyx. i just did a clean install with lion os and now that there is ccleaner for mac, what should i use. I been told that onyx has more features but if u dunno what u are doing, you can mess up your mac. Since i am a new mac user, have had for a year but still learning my way around. should i stick with ccleaner?
whats the benefit of using onyx?

any advice would be greatly appreciated. i will wait to see what u guys write and get that app.

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.7.3: MBP 15" Early 2011 2.0GHz i7, 8GB, 500GB 5400RPM
I used (use) Ccleaner on the PC and am a huge fan. But on my Mac I've stayed with Onyx as I think it is more thorough. Still, early days for Ccleaner on the Mac though and it may develop. That said, I've only run Onyx a couple of times as I just haven't had the need, sort of keep it in the back pocket for problems which have never appeared - gotta love the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Used ccleaner on the PC and still do.

But.... I favour Onyx on Mac

C

chas_m

I'm sticking with OnyX because I wouldn't trust a PC utility maker to have any idea what they are doing on Mac until at least version 3.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.