iMac Video Out to TV?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
Hi all.

I was wondering, say I were to purchase an iMac and put it on one side of the room, is there some sort of cable or anything I can buy, that I can run from the iMac to a TV on the other side of the room?

Basicly, so I can pop in a DVD, and watch it (and hear it) from the TV? Or is this not possible?

Also, is 1gig ram on the iMac plenty for use with all the iLife applications, like using iDVD or iMovie for a couple of hours at a time?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g5 2ghz 3gb ram
Hi im just looking into this myself

Im getting a mac mini to run a slide show on a tv screen in our office, you need a connector available from the apple shop which gives you an s video and composite out, then you can run an s video lead or composite lead to the tv...but if you want the sound out too into your tv you may need another gizmo

:)
River Cottage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You need the device mentioned above for video and then you need a 1/8" audio -> RCA audio cable (can pick those up in an electronics store) for the audio

I

iMacTravis

I can help with your second question. A gig RAM is more then enough for using iLife applications, that is what I have on my new iMac.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
Thanks very much for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.