Downloaded files not showing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook late 09 2.26GHz OS10.7 8gb ram
Hi everyone, i have two gripes with OSlion at the moment.

Firstly, i'm having issues with files that i download, zip files in particular. The file shows up in the stack in the dock and unips. Once un-zipping is complete, the individual files show up again in a folder in the dock, however if i open the folder as a window, the files are not visible.
The is annoying as it means i can move one file at a time.

Any suggestions?
Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Going to need more info that what you posted to help you. But, in general a file that is compressed is either an executable or a data file, may or may not create it's own separate folder. So, really going to depend on what the zip file is. If the process of uncompressing the file creates a new folder, then you are going to have to open the folder created to see the files you are expecting.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook late 09 2.26GHz OS10.7 8gb ram
Well obviously it creates a subfolder when you unzip it. My problem is that if i try to access the files within that folder by any means other than through the dock they are invisible.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
What happens when you go to User > Downloads and unzip them, via the finder?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.