Mac Software/Update "Invalid signature" errors

Reaction score
Hi,

My Macbook Pro running on OSX SN 10.6.8 has been running fine until last saturday. I'd changed my password that same day and the following day Safari will run but constantly asks for my wireless password and doesn't load certain websites fully. In addition, i'm unable to install ANY updates through software update or even if i download them manually as i just get an "invalid signature" error each time. I can't find my restore CD as i've had the macbook for a few years now.

Has anyone had this issue before?

OP
M
Reaction score
I also forgot to mention that whenever i load any website page i also get a pop-up box on every page mentioning an unvalidated certificate for “s-static.ak.facebook.com” and asks me if i wish to connect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Was it only the password you changed, or also your Home folder?

Did you use the Snow Leopard DVD to change the password?

OP
M
Reaction score
No i just changed the password in the Accounts option. i don't believe anything else had been touched. the laptop just stopped working properly the next day

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD
Try repairing your keychain (in utilities, keychain access, then keychain first aid from the main menu).

OP
M
Reaction score
ok i just tried that and it said it repaired a few things but then it still doesn't stop the whole facebook certificate issue coming up for every website.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.