Outlook database utility rebuild will not open

Reaction score
Outlook will not open on iMac. Message states 'upgrade the office database'. I click on that and it says 'problem with office database.. must rebuild it'. I click on rebuild and nothing happens. I try to open data base utility and nothing happens. Help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I corrected your Subject title and moved your post to the proper forum. It has nothing to do with running Windows.

To answer your question... once the database gets corrupt it usually requires a reinstall. I have had the very same thing happen and I had to completely reinstall Office.

Since you have Office 2011, you will need to follow the Microsoft instructions to uninstall: See this LINK. Make sure you have a backup of all your contacts and other data. After uninstalling, use your disk to reinstall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.