(not another) Battery issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 ibook 700mhz 384mb
Hey people (anyone)

I recently bought my first Apple, (had an imac a few years ago but it died after 2 weeks and my IT course kinda dictated that I bought a new PC) it's an ibook 700mhz, with 384ram, airport etc etc. The battery seems to hold about 2 1/2 hrs charge which I reckon isnt too bad really for a book of this age.

I have followed a few of the steps / tutorials on how to calibrate the battery but none seem to work in the sense that after each charge the indicator tells me that i'll get around 5hrs from the battery and then after about 2.5hrs and when the indicator reaches around 37% operating time left the battery dies.

As I said I have followed several steps detailed within the forums and on the Apple site but none seem to sort this problem. I know it isnt a major issue but it is one I would like fixed if possible.

Any suggestions?

I'd thoroughly appreciate it, even if they are just that I have to live with it.

Thanks in advance

peace the noo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Given the age of your iBook, I'm almost positive that the 5 hours quote is in error. To begin with, even now Apple only claims 6 hours on their newest models (incidentally I'm able to achieve 7 with the previous revision on the lowest brightness setting and only running Word), so I find it highly unlikely that a used model from several years back would achieve just an hour below that claim. That being said, the fact that it claims 5 hours and gives you 2 and a half is a bit strange, and must be irritating as the computer is supposed to give YOU the reading of how long it will last, not leave you to estimate yourself. Does JUST the percentage say 37%, but the time quote is 0, or does the time quote say something like an hour or more left, AND the meter says 37%?

OP
aipple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 ibook 700mhz 384mb
The time says it has about an hour and a half left which varies give or take ten mins or so.
I'd be happy with the 2.5hrs i'm getting but i would really like to have an acurate reading.

Strange.

OP
aipple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 ibook 700mhz 384mb
ps

Thats it fully charged and it is telling me i'll get 7hrs and 13 mins, which of course I wont.
Off to bed now but i'll time it tomorrow again as I run it down.

peace the noo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.