• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie to FCP X for blu ray burn

Reaction score
I've recently got an External Blu Ray burner, and i know iMovie does not support Blu ray but Final cut pro does. i have exported an iMovie project into Final cut pro thinking i could just then burn it straight to Blu Ray. the problem is i have lost a few things like fonts and the spinning globe at the start, also the map is not supported. Am i missing something or is this just the way it is. if so any other options to get my HD iMovie projects burnt to a blu ray in 1080p.
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Why not Export from iMovie as a movie at 720/1080 and then import that into FCP?

OP
M
Reaction score
Why not Export from iMovie as a movie at 720/1080 and then import that into FCP?

Never thought of that but to be clear,export as 1080p to my iTunes library and then import into Final cut pro, can i import from my iTunes library? ill give it a go

Thanks for the reply

OP
M
Reaction score
just an update, i tried the way listed above and it would let me do it,i selected blu ray option and it started processing, but i left it for 11 hours processing with it still saying another 13 hours to go. i was trying to convert 2 HD clips totalling 23 mins. so not sure if i was doing something wrong. if not its not really a viable option. so i tried using toast with the HD plug in which worked a treat. it took just over an hour to process, I also added photo slideshows totalling 20 Gig. took 30 mins to burn.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.