File permissions

Reaction score
I have a bunch of SD cards I have been using for audio and video work that are now full. Problem. I would like to delete the data but can't. (Error code-61). I would clear the cards but I have to bounce some of the audio and convert it right on the card itself (while its inserted in my recorder). So given that there is no space I cannot bounce my recording into the appropriate format to export it into my DAW for further mixing and processing. And given that I need those recordings to proceed I can not re-format or just clear the cards.
Basically the cards are full and I can't proceed until this is solved.

Question,

Is there any fix for this? How can I change from read only? I tried disk utility but all options are grey-ed out.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why can't you copy the SD card data to your hard drive and convert it that way? Or perhaps I'm not understanding what it is you're trying to do?

OP
S
Reaction score
I can't copy it because the specific data on the card isn't organized in a way that my computer can read it. Basically my recorder has to export the files in a WAV format so I can access them from the card. I can't export them unless there is enough room on the card to accommodate them. Because I cannot delete anything from the card I can't export the files to the card in the proper format. And as I stated I cannot blank the card to reformat it until I get the files I need in the correct format.

Thanks for any help,
Shauncy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.