osx applications disc not working

Reaction score
I have a 15" macbook pro, core 2 duo, 2008 i think. Came with leopard. Upgraded to snow leopard, then lion. I reinstalled lion because my macbook was acting up, it helped. Accept now my iLife sweet is gone. I use garageband religiously. I tried to put my applications disc in, and when I click on install package software, it freezes and quits asking if I want to send an error message to apple. In the app store it says I have to pay 15$ for garageband, even logged in with the same account I've bought all my osx versions with. Can anyone figure out how I can get my Garageband back? Thanks so much for any help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're going to need to extract iLife from your original Leopard DVD #2. The only way I know how is to buy "Pacifist" for $20 from here. It might be worthwhile to just purchase the latest version of Garageband from the Mac App store instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.